Saturday, June 11, 2011

Decisions Made!

It's all about baby steps, right?  Today, I went to the free exhibition hall shopping at the homeschool convention for the first time since we started homeschooling in 2004.  Next year, I am definitely planning on going to the convention... at least to the used curriculum sale.  A HUGE thanks for my pal, Jen, for driving me and hanging out with me as I walked around in awe.
So, now that everything except Emily's grammar has been ordered or purchased, I have a better idea of what we are doing in the fall.  Want to have a sneak peak of what the girls are using?

Rebecca- grade 7
Bible- Daily Bible reading as a family and AWANA Trek Bk 2 Sept- May
Math- Saxon 8/7
Grammar- Bob Jones
Writing- IEW
Spelling- Spelling Power
Literature/Vocab- Eclectic mix of historical fiction, biographies, classics, and fun
Science- Apologia General Science
History- Ancient World History
Geography- Trail Guide to US Geography
Music Appreciation- Great Composers
Art/Art Appreciation- Ancient History Art
Piano- Alfred's Basic Piano
Physical Ed

Emily- grade 4
Bible- Daily Bible reading as a family and AWANA T & T Bk 2 Sept- May
Math- Saxon 5/4
Grammar- Bob Jones
Writing- IEW
Spelling- Spelling Power
Literature/Vocab- Eclectic mix of historical fiction (including American Girl), biographies, classics, and fun
Science- Unit studies of insects, plants, birds, matter, energy, geology, astronomy, and oceanography
History- American History through American Girl books
Geography- Trail Guide to US Geography
Music Appreciation- Great Composers
Art/Art Appreciation- Art through Nature
Piano- Alfred's Basic Piano
Physical Ed

I am looking forward to next year.  I have been having fun planning and coming up with my own notebooking pages.  THIS is why we homeschool!  I LOVE IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment